Top Engagement Ring Trends for 2020
December 19th, 2019
As one year ends and another begins, you probably have a lot on your mind. Maybe you’re thinking of resolutions to live more healthfully in the coming months. Or perhaps you’re planning to look for a new job. It’s also possible that 2020 will be the year you find love and get engaged to that special someone. Whether you’re planning to propose in 2020 or hope to be the one receiving a magical proposal, it pays to do your homework. Keep reading to discover the top engagement ring trends of 2020, along with tips on finding the right one for you.
2020 Engagement Ring Trends to Know
Diamond solitaires are classics for a reason. However, with a new decade beginning, the time has never been better to celebrate everything engagement rings are and everything they can be. In particular, engagement ring trends for 2020 are characterized by a return of romance. As beautifully unique and special as the lovers who wear them, these rings celebrate the rebirth of vintage styles like Art Nouveau and Art Deco.
Meaning “new art,” Art Nouveau originated in England in the 1880s. Rooted in nature, this style celebrates the beauty of the great outdoors, with designs featuring plants, flowers, and gentle lines. On the other hand, Art Deco refers to a movement that sprung to popularity in France during the first World War. Boasting bold geometric designs and styles, Deco pieces like the ones by A Jaffe are perfect for the vintage lover in your life.
Planning to propose in the New Year? Here are some of the top engagement ring trends for 2020:
- Bezel set rings: Love an engagement ring with a vintage feel? Bezel settings are the “it” silhouette for 2020. Featuring an elevated collar, this secure ring option is ideal for the active bride.
- Vintage diamond cuts: From Asscher cuts to emeralds, vintage stones are making a big comeback. However, you don’t have to opt for an antique to try this look. Designers like Tacori and Henri Daussi bring a modern touch to these classic shapes.
- Rings with wider bands: Athletes and busy working women alike are opting for rings with wider bands. Along with boasting a clean elegance, these thick rings are an expression of power and confidence that many women and men enjoy having in their daily lives.
- Platinum metal rings: Dense yet malleable, platinum is more precious than gold and a popular way of channeling vintage charm. Choose a platinum ring from one of the top designers like Hearts on Fire, known for producing beautiful pieces that feature “the world’s most perfectly cut diamonds.”
- Floral designs: Favored by brides as diverse as Princess Eugenie and Katy Perry, floral-inspired engagement jewelry is a popular option for 2020. Check out the ArtCarved floral collection for feminine designs with a vintage flair.
- Colored gemstones: Shoppers will continue to see a boom in the trend of adding colored gems to engagement jewelry in 2020. In particular, pastel stones are blowing up on Instagram in greater numbers than in previous years.
Find Stylish Engagement Rings Year Round at BENARI JEWELERS
Located in the Delaware Valley, BENARI JEWELERS has been helping romantics make their dreams come true for more than 50 years. Family owned and operated, we pride ourselves on treating every customer like our only customer. Whether you’re looking for a traditional diamond engagement ring or a colored gem reflective of the latest trends, trust our team to help. Visit us today to shop unparalleled collections of Tacori engagement rings, ArtCarved bridal jewelry, and more. Contact our Exton, Pennsylvania showroom at 610-363-8450; or our Newtown Square, Pennsylvania showroom at 610-355-1800.